Over the last few years, Canada has forced invasive new laws on its citizens. The overreaching legislation forces ISPs to keep web browsing histories and metadata on behalf of the government. The draconian legislation is packaged under the guise of national security and touted as necessary for protecting citizens against the likes of terrorism and cyber warfare. For Canadians who want to hold onto their digital privacy, a VPN service is the solution. For that reason, we have seen a lot of Canadians flocking to subscribe to VPNs in recent years. With that in mind, we’ve taken a detailed look at which is the Best VPN for Canada.
Best VPN for Canada both FREE and PAID:
ExpressVPN is FREE for 30 Days. So you try it before buy. I recommended this VPN to many of my friends and all gave me positive Feedback! So there is no reason you won’t like it.
The top features are:
- ExpressVPN provides Unbeatable Security by all VPN protocols like OpenVPN UDP by default OpenVPN TCP, L2TP/IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- Fail-safe Privacy and completely safe network with SSL secured with 256-bit encryption.
- Easy to install and use VPN Apps for all Operating Systems(OS) like Windows, iOS, Android, Linux etc. and Devices like PC, MacBook, smartphones, tablets, iPhone, iPads
- Expanded Network of hundreds of strong and active servers in all major region of the world which enhance connectivity options and connection performance.
- High Definition Streaming quality with fastest speed ever.
- Instant and Quick Customer Support response by 24/7 live chat and email ticketing option.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Endless Server Switches
- 99.99% Uptime
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Free trial available
NordVPN for Canada
NordVPN is also one of the best VPN out there. One more VPN which is still working in Canada network as heard by many of my friends using is NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider and hence it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Hence, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy.The speed of NordVPN ranges from 5 Mbps in the U.K to 2 Mbps in the U.S and is known for its faster connections except for a few latencies.
The top features are:
- NordVPN has 500+ servers in 50+ countries worldwide.
- There is always an option for the user to select a server based on its load or location.
- The speed of transfer and the server connection is based on the country opted or based on the server type. Yes, NordVPN has server options as well.
- The smart play technology employed by NordVPN gives an extraordinary streaming experience to its users. Streaming services include unblocking various networks such as BBC iplayer, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- There is a 30-day money back guarantee promotion offer and a 3-day free trial as well.
- 500+ servers in 49+ countries
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
I’m against the idea of using free VPN service
“In order to offer high quality services, VPN providers have to pay considerable amount for the bandwidth and it makes it hard to find a reliable service with for free. While you search for a free VPN service please note that such Providers are more likely to log your activities and serve contextual ads while you’re connected. They’re also more likely to use your usage habits to tailor future ads to you, have fewer exit locations, and weak commitments to privacy so if logging and privacy are important to you, you may want to avoid them.”
“In order to find the best one, go online and check out the reviews for different VPN services. Make a comparison of the features, costs, security, speed, bandwidth, server location and connectivity protocol. By doing your research beforehand, you can narrow down your options to two or three VPN service providers before making a final decision. ”
Disclaimer: All images which I used in this answer are copyright protected by the respective owner.